How To Get Rid Of The Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Dark circles below the eyes are caused by a number of reasons such as heredity, poor nutrition, lack of sleep, thinning skin, leaky blood vessels and loss of collagen. Hay fever, food allergies, eczema and other allergies of the respiratory tract can also trigger this condition; in addition, bags or puffiness sometimes accompanies this discoloration. I was able to understand how to get rid of dark circles under my eyes once I was fully aware of the causes for it.
Upon a consult with a professional dermatologist, I learned how to get rid of dark circles under my eyes.
Aging is one of the main reasons for dark circles below our eyes. The skin below the eyes is normally very delicate and it usually becomes wrinkled as we grow older.
Those who spend a lot of their time outdoors under the sun can also develop this condition over a period of time; such people can use a good sun block to prevent damage to their skin and problems such as dark under eye circles. Sunscreen with at least SPF 30 applied under the eyes can also help to keep this problem at bay.
In some people, dark circles beneath the eyes can be the result of factors such as consumption of processed foods, a lot of salted snacks, excessive drinking and disturbed sleep. If you are in the habit of eating a large amount of fried foods, then the least you can do for your health is drink a lot of water. This will help flush out the toxins and reduce water retention.
The problem of dark circles below the eyes can be prevented or minimized by following the simple steps outlined below.
When the Problem is Not Too Serious
- Drink more water. Dark eye rings can be lightened by drinking at least 8-10 glasses of w ater everyday.
- Get a good night’s sleep. You can help prevent this condition by getting at least 8 ho urs of sleep everyday. This will also help prevent paleness and an uneven skin tone.
- Use homemade eye solutions. You can make a homemade 1-1-1 mixture of lanolin cream, lemon juice and cucumber juice and use this as a mask below your eyes for 15 minutes everyday to lighten the dark circles under your eyes.
- Make sure you are getting enough vitamin A. You can also include vegetables and fruits that are rich in Vitamin A or a Vitamin A supplement to combat this problem to a certain extent.
- Apply almond oil. You can apply almond oil beneath your eyes every night before going to sleep. This can also provide a cure for the problem of dark circles below the eyes.
For More Sever Conditions
If your problem is more severe, the remedies above might nor work, but don’t worry; treating dark circles below the eyes or unevenness is not a difficult task today, thanks to the numerous therapies available such as eye creams and surgiral procedures.
- Eye cream. For those who find cosmetic procedures to be complicated and costly, the right eye creams and ointments come as a blessing in disguise. Eye creams such as Eye Complex make the eyes look younger by lifting the skin. They are especially useful for those who suffer from the problem of dark under eye circles owing to hyper-pigmentation. Such creams have also been proven to hide blemishes around the eyes.
- Invasive or surgical options to treat this condition are gaining popularity these days. However, you should try to find out details about the possible benefits and risks for you before opting for such treatment. You should always choose a surgeon who has vast knowledge and experience in performing under eye surgeries. You should have all your queries addressed by the doctor during the initial consultation. Safety should be your top most priority when considering surgical methods to combat this problem. Some examples of those surgical procedures are Laser treatment and Fat grafting.
- Laser Treatment can help in removing the unhealthy cells from the top surface of the skin to reveal the younger looking skin below. Gradually, as this layer of skin thickens, the dark circles and pigmentation will fade completely.
- Fat grafting is another popular procedure where fat from other parts of the body are taken and injected into the skin below the eyes; this encourages the skin’s thickening process and makes the dark shadows less noticeable.
Dark under eye circles need not be a permanent problem. Which treatment is the most effective depends on the causes and how severe your condition is. If you have tried home remedies and tips such as drinking more water and getting enough sleep, and those dark circles still remain there, you can try an eye cream for dark circles such as Eye Complex. It can help you say good-bye to this problem forever.